+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aren't these forums dead and outdated?

Newb
    PZ Cash

Aren't these forums dead and outdated?

Lots of videos from many years ago , and most posts are years old. Does anyone use this anymore?

Doesnt there need to be an update on stuff for more current poker metagame? Just a thought

PZ Cash
    Yeah, the forum is pretty quiet.

While the content is (mostly) older stuff a lot of it is still gold. Just gotta dig a little sometimes.

Newb
    PZ Cash
    Yeah I'm basically going through as many videos as I can, the roots program is slow since its only one email per week.

I finally had a positive session earlier today on 5NL and I could easily identify where I messed up and played well. The stuff here is definitely gold, but I wish it was just a bit more up to date and the volume was louder

PZ Cash
    Great news on the up session. We'd all like to have more of those!

PZ Cash
    Blog Entries

It goes through cycles

Hopefully it starts pumping it up again... I'd like to get it moving once more.

But just FYI, age on content isn't relevant when you're focusing on how to THINK about poker situations. That's what the focus of the training on. And I can tell you, with absolutely certainty that although the games have gotten more difficult, the concepts of how to beat them have not changed.

In fact a lot of things we put in here we were so ahead of the poker curve that it's just been catching up to concepts we talked about 5+ years ago.

On a side note also, I do go back through the content and remove anything I don't think applied. I recently went through every single video on the course content that is emailed and changed anything I didn't feel was applicable. Just so you know...
    Last edited by John; 11-13-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    The more you know, the less you need.

If you are afraid of death, you will never know life.

PZ Cash
    Blog Entries
    You guys post, we'll always answer... and once you start putting up hands or questions, others chime in.

But I'd like to get more people in the forums. I don't care if they are buying courses, just that they are here.

Newb
    PZ Cash
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You guys post, we'll always answer... and once you start putting up hands or questions, others chime in.

But I'd like to get more people in the forums. I don't care if they are buying courses, just that they are here.

Haha cool to see that you are active

Newb
    PZ Cash
    Its been a very long time since I've admined a forum, but one thing I remember from trying to get my own forum started was that too many subsections and subforums make it very difficult for low traffic forums to gain traction. That is my first impression here is that there are so many sections its hard to tell what info is where. For one thing I think it wouldn't hurt to take all the sports, movies, and music sections and consolidate it all into one off topic section (with the exception of maybe sports since it seems like poker players like sports betting)

Just my 2

PZ Cash
    Blog Entries
    Yup.... ty. Well, things are slow on here right now, but they are going to pick back up. We're actively promoting the site again when we weren't for awhile. So give it a little time, and maybe we'll consolidate some stuff. It's not like we have 100 subforums though /

Newb
    PZ Cash
    I bet poker's general popularity plays a role in the activity here as well. Seems like the new legislation in the states is improving the popularity of the game. I'd really like to see more main event satellites from the us facing sites. Poker could really use another moneymaker moment.

+ Reply to Thread